[gdal-dev] OpenEV_FW 1.4.1 Binary Release For Windows

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at l...
Thu Apr 18 16:47:11 EDT 2002

Great stuff Frank, I'm checking it out right now. I found that I ended
having to copy the dll's to somewhere else in order to get it to start up.
I got an error from pythonw that it couldn't find, for example,
python20.dll in the path. Then it listed the path, which included the
correct folder. So I was at a lose and copied the dll's from openev_fw\bin
to \winnt\system32. Now to try out the latest greatest OGR support.

Thank you for your commitment to this application.

Tyler

Frank Warmerdam
<warmerdam at pobox. To: openev-announce <openev-announce at s...>, gistrans list
com> <gistrans-l at a...>, OpenSource RemoteSensing
<os-remotesensing at r...>, FreeGIS <freegis-list at i...>, gdal-dev
04/18/2002 11:41 <gdal-dev at yahoogroups.com>
AM cc:
Please respond to Fax to:
gdal-dev Subject: [gdal-dev] OpenEV_FW 1.4.1 Binary Release For Windows

Folks,

I have prepared a binary release of OpenEV and a bunch of related tools,
including GDAL, OGR, OGDI and PROJ.4 utilities. It can be downloaded from
one of:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/openev/OpenEV_FW_141.zip
ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/openev/OpenEV_FW_141.zip

I have included the README below.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam,
warmerdam at p...

Open Source GIS/RS Binary Kit for Windows

OpenEV For Windows 98/NT/2000
-----------------------------

VERSION: OpenEV 1.4.1_FW

After unzipping edit the setfw.bat file in a text editor, and change
OPENEV_FW_DIR to point to wherever you put the resulting directory tree.

A sample image, utm.tif, is provided in the directory demo-data under
your install directory. Start OpenEV by running openev.bat in a command
window, then select File, Open and double click on the demo-data directory
in the left column. Select the image utm.tif and then OK.

See the online help for how to use OpenEV (fron the Help menu in OpenEV,
note: you must have a html browser such as Netscape or Internet Explorer
installed).

web page: http://openev.sourceforge.net

email: OpenEV at a...

OpenEV was funded in part by Atlantis Scientific (www.atlsci.com)
and GeoInnovations (www.geoconnections.org).

Other Libraries, and Utilities
------------------------------

o GDAL 1.1.7, including gdalinfo, gdal_translate, and gdaltindex
utilities.
- Includes ECW, and OGDI raster support.
o OGR 1.1.7, including ogrinfo, ogr2ogr, and ogrtindex utilities.
- Includes OGDI vector, and GML support.
- Includes SoftmapSF.dll (OpenGIS Simple Features for COM/OLEDB
provider)
(just register it using "regsvr32 openev_fw\bin\SoftmapSF.dll")
o Includes sfcdump.exe, an SF OLE DB provider dumper.
o PROJ 4.4.4 plus proj.exe and cs2cs.exe
o Gnuplot plotting package (run pgnuplot).
o OGDI 3.1.0, gltpd, ogdi_import and ogdi_info.
o Python 2.0

About this Package

This package was prepared by Frank Warmerdam (warmerdam at p...) as a
handy package containing several related packages, with a maximum of
inter-component linkaged enabled. It is considerably more ad-hoc than some
of the more formal release packages, but it may have greater functionality
than formal releases. This package aspires to be a "tool bench" of GIS/RS
tools for the end user.