[gdal-dev] ArcInfo export (EOO) files

Ben Discoe ben at v...
Wed Aug 21 14:27:55 EDT 2002

My interest in E00 is because i'm encountering more and more "public" data
clearinghouses which are distributing their data in E00 format. Now, i
think this is a really bad idea on their part, but it's not something i have
control over. E.g. even raster data like DEMs reformatted as E00:
http://www.mojavedata.gov/datasets.php?&qclass=dem

Yes, i would like to read these directly. As i understand it, E00 can be
used to contain either vector or raster data, so i presume it would involve
support in both GDAL and OGR..

-Ben