[gdal-dev] Memory leaks?

Paul Selormey paul at t...
Mon Aug 26 03:15:34 EDT 2002

Hello Frank,
Thanks for the response.

> Currently there is no facility to cleanup the driver memory. It is
intended
> to live till application shutdown. However, for applications wanting to
> monitor very closely for memory leaks I can see that this might be
annoying,
> so I am willing to add a call to cleanup all the drivers. If you would
like
> this, please submit a request into Bugzilla as an enhancement request.

I think memory leaking should rather be a concern in the library,
not me! wanting it. Currently, when the application shuts down there is no
clean up - I do not think this is a normal practice. I will, however, submit
it
as an enhancement request, as you requested (have just created the bugzilla
account).

Best regards,
Paul.