[Gdal-dev] GDAL for PPC Linux

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Tue Nov 26 21:41:49 EST 2002

You will need to check:
 - What libs (and paths) are used by gdal
	ldd libgdal.1.1.so
 - Check to see if they exist where libgdal thinks they are
 - Check to see if the paths for libgdal and any dependant
   libraries are in ld.so.conf
 - Check GDAL independantly of your app (i.e. use gdalinfo to query a TIFF)

Once we know GDAL is working correctly, *then* troubleshoot your app:

 - Check your application ("r.in.gdal") to see where it thinks
   gdal is located. (I am not using grass, so I'm guessing)
	ldd r.in.gdal

FWIW, the GDAL compile and install has always seemed pretty robust to me.
On my system, "make install" installed to /usr/lib/ by default, not
/usr/local/grass/, maybe check though the GDAL Makefile if there are
other references to /usr/lib?

Cheers,

Antti