[gdal-dev] Re: cvs co

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Wed Nov 13 16:25:03 EST 2002

April Shimitz wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Well, it partially fixed it. Now I can co and do diffs specifying the
> gdal_1_1_6 tag, but it still error with any other revision tag. Also, are
> you applying a global tag to the code at each major release?
>
> April

Funky,

My vague understanding is the val-tags file is intended to hold a list
of "valid" tags. It seems to be updated when new tags are "discovered".
I have access the gdal_1_1_7 and gdal_1_1_5 tags so they are now in the file.

I suspect the problem arose because the CVS programs on remotesensing.org
were upgraded, adding the new val-tags support, without populating an up
to date val-tags file.

In any event, hopefully it will work now for the standard tags. Note, I
can't event reproduce your problem when operating as anonymous.

Finally, I do apply new global tags on new major releases, but there hasn't
been a major release since 1.1.7 in the spring. There have been point
releases (1.1.7.1, 1.1.7.2, etc) but these are just interim snapshows.

Really there has been lots of changes in GDAL, I have just avoided making
a big release because I promised to implement proper shared library
versioning for the next release. Since I haven't tackled that yet, I just
issue minor "point" releases.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...