Band Descriptions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Wed Sep 11 10:37:32 EDT 2002

Folks,

I have done some work to add band description support in the PCI .aux format,
and modified gdal_translate (and the default GDALDriver.CreateCopy() method)
to carry band descriptions over when available. I also added a
GDALSetDescription() C entry point and made GetDescription/SetDescription
virtual on the GDALMajorObject. Unfortunately, the last change means that
the C++ API is incompatibly changed. Ensure that you do a clean rebuild of
GDAL after your next update from CVS.

I am interested in making band descriptions work well in other places they
should appear. Let me know if you find any problems with the band description
support.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...