[Gdal-dev] CFITS support

Jim Julian julian at preferred.com
Sat Apr 5 17:47:04 EST 2003

Hi,

    Recently I attempted to convert an Arcinfo/Arcview binary grid file
(GIO) to FITS
using GDAL_TRANSLATE. The first time, the program crashed. I read the online
documentation and downloaded the most recent version of the CFITS library
and DLL.
After having placed both in the same directory, I re-tried and the program
crashed again.
The GIO works well as I converted the same grid to PNG, PNM, and
GTIFF(using Uint16).
The command-line I used is:

C:\temp\> gdal_translate -ot float32 -of fit carter1\hdr.adf test.fit

My version of
GDAL is from Feb-15-03.

Any ideas on this?

                                                                                      Thanks,