[Gdal-dev] CFITS support

Jim Julian julian at preferred.com
Mon Apr 7 12:49:29 EDT 2003

Frank,

    I checked the GDAL_Translate 'DOS/no arguments' output from the JAN-03
OpenEV and
there is no FITS format mentioned in the list. The same is true of the
version I compiled Feb-15.
    Since both programs I am using crash with a simple photo image, I
probably need to compile
FITS support into the GDAL library.
    For my own clarification, simply dumping the CFITS DLL/lib files into
the same directory as
GDAL_Translate is or is not sufficient to enable FITS support? If I need to
include FITS support
during compilation then that would explain the problem.
    Since the format is not of great importance in my work anyway, this
will be the last I mention of it.

Thanks,
Jim Julian