[Gdal-dev] CFITS support

Simon Perkins s.perkins at lanl.gov
Mon Apr 7 13:09:31 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 10:49, Jim Julian wrote:
>     For my own clarification, simply dumping the CFITS DLL/lib files into
> the same directory as
> GDAL_Translate is or is not sufficient to enable FITS support? If I need to
> include FITS support
> during compilation then that would explain the problem.

Yep,

I haven't actually compiled FITS support on windows before (I use linux
mostly), but yes, support needs to be compiled in.

Actually now I look at things, it's not obvious how to get FITS support
in windows - it doesn't seem to be referenced in the VC makefiles and
there's no makefile.vc in the frmts/fits directory.

If support for including FITS on windows is not already there. we'll
probably be adding it at some point. Alternatively I think you can
compile under cygwin using GNU make and gcc.

Cheers,

Sy