[Gdal-dev] Exception thrown in GDALOpen() function

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Sun Aug 3 07:45:01 EDT 2003

Frank -

It's not a calling convention problem.  The compiler inserts the name of
the appropriate run-time library in the object module when compiling, so
the linker will automatically look for it.  If you compile some objects
debug and some non-debug, the compiler will have inserted both library
names into those objects; when you go to link, both runtime libraries
will be linked and you will get symbol redefinition conflicts.

This can be worked around by telling the linker to ignore all libraries
specified in the object modules and then explicitly listing all the
libraries you need, but that's pretty tedious and many users don't
understand how to do it (or how to do it correctly).

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: (978) 251-4242  Fax: (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com