[Gdal-dev] OGR Main Page

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 4 13:55:23 EDT 2003

Folks,

My gdal.velocet.ca domain is likely to disappear in coming week or
months, though the system will continue to exist, and likely be available
by some other name.   Stuff that was previously referred to as
http://gdal.velocet.ca/ should now be referred to as
http://pobox.com/~warmerdam/root.  I will try to ensure that the pobox.com
redirection containues to work even with the gdal.velocet.ca domain disappears.

The OGR pages have always only been hosted on my home system even though the
GDAL page were hosted at remotesensing.org.  I have decided that this is not
really appropriate since OGR is widely used, and people get annoyed when the
OGR pages disappear just because my DSL link has gone down for one reason or
another.   So, in order to improve the professionalism of OGR I have migrated
the main page to remotesensing.org as well.  The cannonical url for OGR is
now:

   http://remotesensing.org/gdal/ogr

I have also moved the main OGR page into CVS and modified the web page
update scripts running on remotesensing.org to install these every night
when the GDAL pages are updated.

It is also my intention to mirror the GDAL and OGR pages on maptools.org
in the coming weeks, so that an alternative exists when remotesensing.org
is unavailable which seems to be surprisingly frequently.

Let me know if anyone encounters problems with the web pages.