[Gdal-dev] DIG35 support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 18 11:34:46 EDT 2003

Ayman Kamal wrote:
> I guess the needed functions are:
> char CPL_DLL  **GDALGetMetadata( GDALMajorObjectH,
> const char * );
> CPLErr CPL_DLL  GDALSetMetadata( GDALMajorObjectH,
> char **,
>                                  const char * );
> const char CPL_DLL *GDALGetMetadataItem(
> GDALMajorObjectH, const char *,
>                                          const char *
> );
> CPLErr CPL_DLL  GDALSetMetadataItem( GDALMajorObjectH,
>                                      const char *,
> const char *,
>                                      const char * );
>
> Can you plz give me a hint or a small example how can
> I use the necessary function(s) to read the DIG35
> metadata?

Ayman,

Currently none of the underlying file format drivers support the DIG35
metadata, so calling one of the above from your application won't really
help.  How badly do you want DIG35?  For what image file format(s)?  If you
were to supply a TIFF file with DIG35 metadata I would be willing to take
a quick crack at supporting it in GDAL.