[Gdal-dev] ECW georeferencing problem

Petteri Packalen packalen at cs.joensuu.fi
Thu Aug 21 12:06:24 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have created ECW file by using gdal_translate. According to gdalinfo
georeferencing information is OK. However, when I open this RGB image
under ArcGIS (I use Ermapper ECW plug-in to ArcGIS) the image itself is shown
properly, but it is not georeferenced. This problem does not occur always;
some images are translated to ECW properly. Any hint on how to solve this
problem? I can provide an example dataset if needed.

Actually, when the same image is loaded to OpenEV it either crashes or at
least colors (bands) are displayed in a wrong way. Color problem may have
something to do with the missing ColorInterp settings which are lost when image is
converted from GTiff to ECW.

The version of GDAL I used was 1.1.8.0, released 2002/12/21. This version
is included to OpenEV FW 1.62. I don't include ECW support to the version
I build by myself.

Regerds,
Petteri

Petteri Packalen