[Gdal-dev] Importing SRTM30 with GDAL

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Aug 26 12:08:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 12:27:06AM +0400, Andrey Kiselev wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Recently Markus pointed to the new 30 arc seconds DEMs, updated with the
> SRTM data:
>
>  ftp://edcftp.cr.usgs.gov/pub/data/srtm/SRTM30
>
> I did a few tweaks in GDAL and now these data can be read with the EHdr
> (ESRI .hdr Labelled) driver. You should use raw .dem file as an input.
>
> 					Best regards,
> 					Andrey

Thanks for the implementation!

BTW: It should be noted that on the 'imagrs-l' mailing list some quality
issues are currently discussed:
http://adis.cesnet.cz/cgi-bin/lwgate/IMAGRS-L/archives/imagrs-l.log0308/subject
   - Thread "SRTM 30 arc-sec global DEM"

So maybe these data will be modified again (but not the file format,
I think).

Markus