[Gdal-dev] vector to raster conversion

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Aug 27 11:29:56 EDT 2003

> I think this is exactly what mapserver does :-)

If you only want a manual tool and not a full blown web-mapping system like
Mapserver, you can just use some of the command line Mapserver utilities
(i.e. shp2img).  Otherwise, I think you can do what you want with python
code from Openev which I believe can do what you want as well and probably
better than mapserver in some cases. (http://openev.sourceforge.net/)

Tyler