[Gdal-dev] OGR C API - sample program

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 20 12:15:14 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:49:46PM -0500, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> For those who were not aware of it yet, OGR comes with a C API (this was
> news to me a few weeks ago).  The C API is a set of C wrapper functions
> on top of the C++ classes, allowing use of OGR from C programs or
> potentially from other languages such as Delphi that would call exported
> functions in the GDAL.DLL.  See ogr_api.h for the list of functions.
>
> Unfortunately this API is still undocumented and to my knowledge there
> was no sample code demonstrating its usage anywhere.

Hi Daniel, hi everyone,

in GRASS 5.1 experimental you can find v.in.ogr and v.out.ogr :-)

http://grass.itc.it/grass51/

The code in hosted in the GRASS CVS, snapshots and GNU/Linux binaries
are built weekly. Note that it is experimental and not recommended
for productional usage.

Kind regards

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
      Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
                                          http://mpa.itc.it