[Gdal-dev] questions

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Thu Jan 30 04:02:39 EST 2003

Hi, Jim,

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 05:58:32PM -0500, Jim Julian wrote:
>     I'm trying to do a minimum installation of external support
> programs for GDAL. When installing HDF and Jasper, do I need
> any more than the libraries(both) and (Jasper) include files?

You need both library binaries and both sets of header files. JasPer
headers should be located in /jasper subdirectory of the $INCLUDE path,
HDF headers may go in /hdf subdirectory.

>    When I compile with an nmake.opt altered for wildcard expansion,
> I get a fatal error, "Do not know how to make 'D:\Microsoft' ".
> The directory is "D:\Microsoft Visual Studio", are the spaces
> in the name giving me problems? If so, can I replace them with
> double backslashes (\\)?

I think you should place the path with spaces in double quotes.

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517