[Gdal-dev] static libraries revamped (was: new build strategy for org/orgsf_frmts/)

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Thu Jul 24 07:45:57 EDT 2003

Alessandro Amici writes:

> i investigated a bit what's going on, but i still don't understand what is the
> difference between cygwin and the other gnu targets.

I think that it is related to Windows DLLs being different then Unix dynamic
libraries.
ie all references for an object have to be resolvable before a object is used

This is often described as 'link order' matters on Win32

I am hoping to get some time to investigate this within a couple of days

Cheers

Norman