[Gdal-dev] Gdalinfo error

Benjamin Wragg bwragg at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 15 04:43:03 EDT 2003

Hi list,

I'm currently using gadl1.1.8 and I've got a problem with a geotiff and
running gdalinfo on the file. When I run "gdalinfo filename.tif" I get
the following error repeated 5 times:

ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so), creation of
OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.

I found the following links on the web
<http://remotesensing.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2003-February/000238.html>
http://remotesensing.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2003-February/000238.html
and
http://lists.gis.umn.edu/pipermail/mapserver-users/2003-April/003420.htm
l where people have similar errors. In the one from the gdal list Roni
Zanolli responeded saying that the problem is with gcc3.2 and configure
and suggested grabbing the nightly snapshot. Is this fixed in 1.1.9 or
is there something else I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Benjamin Wragg