[Gdal-dev] GDAL and compile link errors

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Mar 8 01:33:32 EST 2003

Jim Julian wrote:

> Hi again,
>
>    I disabled HDF support and removed .obj files as well as gdal.lib and
> re-compiled.
> The compiler complains of not being able to open hdf4.lib. What am I
> missing?
>    Is it just coincidence that I decided to include HDF support at the
> same time
> I ran into link problems?

Jim,

First, I have corrected the problem with OGR_G_ExportToGML and
OGR_G_CreateFromGML().  These relate to support for GML geomeries being
moved from gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/gml to gdal/ogr and GML geometry translation
becoming a core OGRGeometry service.  The Windows makefiles had not been
updated properly to account for this.

The other problems are less clear to me.  The ntohl and htonl functions
are provided by ws2_32.lib, normally included in the HDF_LIB macro in
nmake.opt.  I think some of the other problems related back to the GML
build failing.

You new problems are likely due to not completely "clean"ing object and
library files before rebuilding with the new makefile configuration.   I
would suggest you pick up a new CVS snapshot in the in the morning and
trying again clean.   If you don't want to wait for that, then try downloading
directly from CVS.

Note, I have verified a clean build with the INCLUDE_OGR_FORMATS commented
out, so that should be possible.

Good luck,