[Gdal-dev] line to polygon with ogr2ogr?

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Mar 25 11:32:12 EST 2003

Just to be really sure I thought I'd ask...:

Is it possible to convert a line (multiline) shapefile to a polygon shapefile
using ogr2ogr?
I have a shapefile (I did not create myself, of course...) which was for some
(none) reason saved as line, but should be polygon. All lines are closed as
far as I could see, but the type is just wrong and I can't add it to my main
polygon table for this theme in postgis. Can I change this with ogr2ogr, or
do I need some other trick?

Regards,