[Gdal-dev] Anything changed on reading Geo-Information from G eoTiff?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 18 11:38:51 EST 2003

Winkler, Roland wrote:
> I attched the output of gdalinfo and also the .tfw file of the tiff.
> Unfortunately I don't know the "listgeo"-tool.
>
> I could also provide the image, but it's 75MB after compressing still
> 20MB, pretty to much for putting it into bugzilla. After creating a
> subset with erdas or even with the older gdal version this problem
> is vanished.
>
> If you are still interested in the image I could put it on our ftp-server
> or burn it on a CD and send this CD via mail.

Roland,

That's pretty funky.  The x offset sign in your gdalinfo output does indeed
seem to be wrong for no apparent reason.  I created a simple little tiff file
and tried it with your .tfw file and gdalinfo and I got correct (negative
x offset) output, so the problem would appear to be related to either your
specific version of GDAL (that is CVS "head" seems fine), or something in
your environment (I tested on Linux with the default "C" lang environment).

If you are able to debug into your build of GDAL try stepping into
GDALReadWorldFile() (in gdal/gcore/gdal_misc.cpp) and see what is going wrong.
It is as if the atof() there is going wrong, or perhaps for some reason the
CSLLoad() is cutting off a character in the x offset line.