[Gdal-dev] 11 Bit Raster Satellite test GeoTiff Images from DigitalGlobe

Roger Bedell roger at pocketterra.com
Tue Nov 18 13:35:28 EST 2003

I am attempting to manipulate the sample 11 bit GTIFF from DigitalGlobe.
Nothing I do seems to work. For example, I tried to translate to JPEG using
GDAL_TRANSLATE.exe:

gdal_translate dg11.tif dg8.tif -of gtiff -ot byte

and

gdal_translate dg11.tif dg8.jpg -of jpeg -ot byte

I'm really trying to use the Warp API, and it doesn't work either,
exhibiting similar behavior.

Download the sample from here (Do not redistribute):

www.pocketterra.com/sampledata/dg11.zip

It is about 48MB.

Thanks for your help!

Roger Bedell, President, Sylvan Ascent Inc.

roger at sylvanascent.com

505-758-7712

www.sylvanascent.com

www.pocketterra.com