[Gdal-dev] I think I need help with warping.

Kyler Laird Kyler at lairds.com
Fri Nov 21 12:13:08 EST 2003

I'm trying to combine lots of map images.  Here are a couple of small edge
samples with a lot of overlap.
	http://aviationtoolbox.org/tmp/translate1.tif
	http://aviationtoolbox.org/tmp/translate2.tif

I'm confuesd by the need to rotate/warp these in order to make them line up to
each other.  They appear to be in the same projection (Lambert Conformal Conic
2SP) but the latitude_of_origin, central_meridian, and pixel size values are
slightly different.  I'm still working on understanding the meaning of those
differences.

However...while I'm pursuing enlightenment, it would help me immensely if
someone would make some suggestions on combining these images.  Eventually I
want to go across the entire ConUS and I need to redo it every 28 days so I
want to do this well - not just manually slop together something that looks
about right.

Python code would be especially appreciated.  Speed is not critical.  I expect
I should provide more details so please don't hesitate to tell me what's
needed.

Also, if someone is interested in mentoring me on this for a couple hundred
dollars, please contact me directly.

Thank you.

--kyler