[Gdal-dev] windows ogr2ogr including OCI

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 27 09:19:33 EST 2003

Matt Wilkie wrote:
> Wim Blanken wrote:
>
>> A precompiled version is included in the OpenEV distribution for sofar I
>> know.
>

> yes that's true but it's only gdal 1.1.8. I'm itching for v1.1.9 as it
> has a couple of features I want to play with.

Folks,

Oracle support is not included in any existing prebuilt distribution
because it requires oracle libraries to go with it which are non-free.
OpenEV 1.6.2 is using a version of GDAL after 1.1.9.  I hope to cut an
OpenEV 1.6.3 with current versions of everything soon.

>> But in that OpenEV distribution (1.6.2) the support for Oracle Spatial
>> is not included. That's my problem.....
>

> Frank (or anybody who knows):
>
> Is it possible to use cygwin to build a distributable win-binary? (e.g.
> can run on a machine that doesn't have cygwin installed)
>
> I'm willing to through some time and a computer at it although I'm not a
> developer and it will take me some time to wade through. If you have an
> RTFM to throw my way I'll take a shot at it.

I believe you can run Cygwin executables without the rest of cygwin as long
as you distribute one or two core cygwin DLLs with the .exe.  However, I
suspect it would be very difficult to do cygwin builds with some of the more
esoteric build options like oracle support.