[Gdal-dev] Sinusoidal projection for MODIS images with OGR

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Tue Oct 14 13:41:31 EDT 2003

Well, if the images are in a normal sinusoidal (SIN), then we don't need the
MODIS reproject tool at all, we can just use GDAL :-)  The question is about
the images from (http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/) which claim to
be Sinusoidal.  I.e. are they SIN, or actually ISIN.  As i mentioned,
telling GDAL/OGR they are SIN produces results that look approximately
correct.  They have also already been convert from HDF to JPEG, so they are
quite likely output from the MODIS reproject tool; no need to run them
through again.

-Ben