R: [Gdal-dev] Patching after configure

Amici Alessandro alessandro_amici at telespazio.it
Wed Oct 29 04:43:53 EST 2003

Sean,

> Am I correct in assuming the patches in 'patchfiles' are applied before
> configure is run? Is there a way to patch after configure is run?

? never heard about a 'patchfiles', so i cannot help here...

> I'm trying to do a portfile for GDAL
> (http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/). The info I can find for building
> it on OS X requires modifying the GDALmake.opt file which is generated
> from the configure script.
>
> The patch changes "LD_SHARED	=	gcc -dynamiclib"
> to "LD_SHARED	=	g++ -dynamiclib"
>
> I don't actually know all that much about the build process so if
> anyone has a suggestion of another fix, I'd love to hear it.

... however, the current cvs snapshot should support OSX out-of-the-box
(except the python module possibly) and the next stable release should not
be that far in time by now.

if you absolutely need to use gdal 1.1.9 something similar to:
http://www.remotesensing.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/osrs/gdal/aclocal.m4.diff?r1
=1.38&r2=1.39&f=u
can be applied before configure, but than you need to run autoconf as well.

BTW, i did most of the porting work that is into gdal cvs now, if you
encounter any bug or have additional feature requests feel free to
send it to the list, and i'll see what i can do. MacOSX is definetly a
porting target taht i'd like to support.

cheers
alessadnro