[Gdal-dev] s57 / s52

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 20 10:22:54 EDT 2004

Christian Gebauer Tveen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm about to write some s57 rendering stuff using the ogr sw. I wondered
> if anybody has any sw or knowledge on where  to look for sw that renders
> the s57 in s52 format. I have a prototype rendering the data, but still
> misses the data layering, proper colouring and data reduction + if
> necessary caching/tiling of data.
>
> I would very much appreciate any leads on where to look.

Christian,

There was a bunch of work done implementing S-52 style rendering in the
OpenEV application.  If you were to browse the OpenEV CVS tree you would
find the S52 stuff in the contrib/S52 directory.   I don't think the S-52
rendering support is enabled in any of the stock OpenEV binary releases.

   http://openev.sf.net/

The rendering is implemented via OpenGL calls in OpenEV.