[Gdal-dev] s57 / s52

s duclos sylvain_duclos at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 12:05:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm working on the s52 plugin for OpenEV.

The CVS files are changing almost every day.
So pulling the tree right now might not give you
the best result.

I'll commit today (hopefully) a cleaned-up update.

I solve the last *big* S-52 rendering difficulty
yesterday that needed geospacial query (postGIS)
by using OpenGL selection mode.

So we're getting closer to a poor man ENC viewer self
contain in a single lib (libS52.so)

Note that the code does low level S-52 rendering.
Some could call it an 'S52 kernel' because upper
layer need to be coded to 'drive' this code. For
exemple if one what only the 'display base' objects.

At the moment I render/dump everything comming form
OpenEV (OGR) on the screen.

Cheers,

Sylvain.