[Gdal-dev] Irregular geolocation grid

Eric Dönges Eric.Doenges at nadie.lpr.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 22 09:36:21 EDT 2004

Am 21.04.2004 um 17:50 schrieb Frank Warmerdam:

> I have applied you patch ... I hope it works!

Thanks, and so do I ... =8^)

While I haven't tested it with all that many maps, those that I did
test with
gave correct results (i.e. the coordinates printed on the map matched
those
calculated from the transform), including a map that was not north-up.
The results
are roughly comparable to what the old GetGeoTransform() function
calculated. The
equations themselves where calculated with a symbolic algebra program,
with the
results exactly matching an earlier version of the code that used
Gaussian
elmimination on a matrix.

To summarize, I'm pretty certain the code is correct, but would still
appreciate
independent review from someone with more mathematical expertise.

Regards,
Eric