[Gdal-dev] Nautical Charts

Todd Jellett todd.jellett at caris.com
Wed Apr 28 15:30:04 EDT 2004

Roger and Frank,

BSB format nautical charts are now all encrypted. If you buy from MapTech
you will get a viewer which will allow you to view and print but you will
not be
able to access the data programmatically.

Only the very early ones are not encrypted.

Obviously, MapTech considered encryption to be cheaper than legal action.

Todd