[Gdal-dev] JPEG2000

Jim LeMieux jlemieux at knrd.org
Tue Dec 7 18:20:50 EST 2004

Hello I was trying to use OpenEV to convert a GeoTIFF to a JPEG2000
(Kakadu version apparently) and It works using the Export utility,
however the quality is degraded significantly and there are no options
to set the compression.  I tried the gdal_translate at the command line
and got the same results (didn't find any command line options to set
compression).  I'm looking to find a free compressor to compress all my
GeoTIFFs to JPEG 2000 format at the lossless rate.

Any suggestions?

THANKS in advance.

Jim LeMieux

Kalispel Tribe