R: [Gdal-dev] trivial (?) optimization for gdal.i:GDALReadRaster( )

Alessandro Amici alexamici at fastwebnet.it
Thu Feb 5 06:12:12 EST 2004

> Alessandro, do I understand correctly that simply substituting Numeric with
> Numarray in the gdal pymod files just works? It would be a start,
> definitely... I'll give it a try!

i only tested the gdal module proper, not the scripts. and yes, the only other
bit is a trivial UnsignedInt8 -> UInt8 near the end of gdalnumeric.py.

but, you are not going to get any speed gain WRT the current cvs. for real
zero-copy i had to patch some more files in non trivial and non backward
compatible way.

as soon as i have something reasonable i'll post it to the list.

cheers,
alessandro