[Gdal-dev] How to convert an Oracle Spatial Layer to an ESRI Shapefile

Schaminee, L.C.W. L.C.W.Schaminee at minlnv.nl
Thu Feb 5 10:13:28 EST 2004

How can I convert an Oracle Spatial Layer to an ESRI Shapefile? We have a
lot of layers under one username. I would like to convert one of these
layers to an ESRI Shapefile. To do this I used the following command:
org2ogr -skipfailures -f "ESRI Shapefile" c:\shapefile.shp
OCI:username/password at database. All of the layers which this user may use
are being converted. I only want one layer converted. How do I do this? I
tried this: org2ogr -skipfailures -f "ESRI Shapefile" c:\shapefile.shp
OCI:username/password at database.layername but this did not work.

Many thanks in advance,

Luuk