[Gdal-dev] missing libproj.so

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Tue Feb 17 15:06:27 EST 2004

Matt Wilkie wrote:

> Norman Vine wrote:
>  > if it doesn't - holler again
>
> Holler! Holler!
>
> > and I haven't tried building with Andrey's changes yet but
> >
> > ./configure --with-static-proj4=yes
> > make
> >
> > should then just work :-)
>
> with './configure --with-static-proj4=yes' and
> ./configure --without-ogr --with-static-proj4=yes'
> I get errors (attached). (today's daily cvs)

I still haven't tried building the with-static-proj4 flag but ...

inspecting your error messages it appears as if you
are just missing

-L$(PATH_TO_PROJLIB) -lproj

not sure of the best way to add this to the configure files though

so to get 'working' I would just manually insert this into the
CONFIG_LIBS variable in GDALMakeOpt

ie

#
# CONFIG_LIBS is what local program should link against, and CONFIG_LIBS_INS
# is what will be emitted into the gdal-config script that is installed
# globally.
#

ifeq ($(HAVE_LIBTOOL), yes)
CONFIG_LIBS = $(LIBGDAL)  -L$(PATH_TO_PROJLIB) -lproj

This will be required for Cygwin and MingW compiles as Win32
doew not allow any unreferenced symbols

HTH

Norman