[Gdal-dev] Radical OGR Update

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Thu Feb 19 20:21:30 EST 2004

Gillian Walter writes:

> I'd like to second the branch motion.   I've had fewer problems with
> OpenEV release preparation and maintenance since I started using
> branches (I'll be creating a new one off the main trunk fairly soon).
> It makes it much easier to create and track patches, and also avoids
> unpleasant surprises when you are in the bug-fix stages of a release and
> someone else is in development mode.

Lots of good practical advice on howto use branches for development
on code under CVS management here
http://dev.zope.org/CVS/ZopeCVSFAQ

sample quote
""" It may seem like overkill, especially if you are new to using branches
to coordinate a large amount of activity in a codebase, but you find in
practice that this will actually make your life easier, not harder"""

Cheers

Norman