[Gdal-dev] 1.2.0a Release

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Tue Feb 24 01:14:35 EST 2004

Hi Norman,

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:48:25 -0500, Norman Vine <nhv at cape.com> wrote:

>For example,  AFAIK the hdf4 libraries are *only* available as static libs
>and I can not seem to be able to convert them to DLLs successfully
>therefore libtool *refuses* to build a DLL

I was able to link dynamically (under MinGW) with the HDF4.1r3 dlls included with PCI's Freeview 9.1
(is that permitted?!). I got the matching src
(ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HDF/HDF/prev-releases/HDF4.1r3.tar.gz)
and created imports libs from the dlls, built gdal as dll and built gdalinfo to check it out. All
seems fine. But it needed some tweaking and I did not use libtool. I still have other tests to do to
make sure that the driver is working properly though.
--
Mario B.
My Landsat images: