[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Feb 27 02:12:37 EST 2004

Hi

(With apologies for cross posting)

I just upgraded to gdal 1.2 from cvs. I was hoping it might resolve an issue I
am encountering with ogr seeming to omit shapes from one of the esri sample
datasets (countries.shp). However it doesnt :-(

If I recall correctly my IRC discussion with on #qgis, this same file rendered
correctly using gdal 1.8. on another developers pc.

Do you have any thoughts on what might be causing this? Has anyone else
encountered similar problems?

I have put a screenie showing the problem here:

http://tim.suttonfamily.co.uk/cgi-bin/ids/index.cgi?mode=image&album=/qgis&image=ogr_problem.png

You will notice the US, Angola and Russia are all missing...

aps02ts at linux:~/dev/cpp/qgis> gdal-config --version
1.2.0

Regards

Tim Sutton
--