[Gdal-dev] problem saving files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 7 11:32:50 EDT 2004

Jacob Bensabat wrote:
> Hello
> I am trying to save a file using OGR. The test I do is the following:
> I use the ogr2ogr program and load a mif file that I try to save as mif file
> too.
> Everything goes fine, at the exception of the color, pen and brush items
> which do not seem
> to be saved. Is it by definition or is it a bug.

Jacob,

Ogr2ogr *should* support writing styling information for to mif and tab,
but I seem to be running into some problems making this work right here.  I
think it must be somewhat broken.  But this is a bug, rather than by definition.

> also Is there a limitation to the size of the field name in an attribute
> table ?
> I trieds names with size > 10 characters and it seems to be problem.

I am not aware of such a limit.  Daniel might be better to speak to this.