[Gdal-dev] Writing bit interleaved data with GDALRasterBand::RasterIO

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Wed Jul 7 11:37:57 EDT 2004

All,

If I have raster data stored as bit interleaved (r,g,b,r,g,b,r,g,b...),
can I use the GDALRasterBand::RasterIO function to write this data to
disc?  I read that the nPixelSpace and nLineSpace parameters allow
reading into or writing from unusually organized buffers.  If this is
possible, could someone please provide me a brief example of how to use
these parameters with this type of data structure?

Thanks,

Martin Chapman
Cell 303-885-1936
Office 303-495-6300 x326