[Gdal-dev] OCIDescribeAny() error

Jean-Denis Giguere jdenisgiguere at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 27 15:16:32 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm using OCI driver to convert data from Oracle Spatial to Postgis and
it works well.
But, I receive a lot of error messages from Oracle that dirt my log and
hide real errors when they happen.

If  I take an ogrinfo request for exemple
$ ogrinfo OCI:cw_b50kv/***@spatial CW50KV.ZOO_2

I get some errors that look like
ERROR 1: ORA-04043: object BDGT.TRAVERSE_L does not exist.

In fact, object BDGT.TRAVERSE_L exist, but the user that connects the
database doesn't have privilege on object BDGT.TRAVERSE_L.

Why OGR look to every table ? Is there a way to avoid all these error ?
Maybye just limited to a specific schema will be enough, but I don't
know how do that.

Thank you for you attention,

Jean-Denis