[Gdal-dev] processing SRTM-3?

Thom DeCarlo t.r.decarlo at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 27 16:12:17 EDT 2004

I've downloaded all of the SRTM-3 for North America and want to translate it
into HFA. This was a lot easier when processing the SRTM30 data since it had
all of the necessary header files for each of the data files. The higher
resolution data doesn't provide these headers, but the documentation shows
what should be in the .hdr file.

As there are more than 2000 files, I'd rather not hand-edit the headers. Has
anyone made a script to generate these files? And maybe the .prj files, too?
Or is there another way to do this mass translate?

Thanks,
Thom