[Gdal-dev] problem of gdal_translate 1.1.9 and 1.2.1 with multiplebands

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 28 10:54:22 EDT 2004

Xiaodong Zhang wrote:
> Thanks Frank,
>
> Yes you are right, I have to use gdal_translate -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 ... to spectrally
> subset an image, but it only works for version 1.2.1 but not for 1.1.9. Version
> 1.1.9 produces only one band regardless. Both ways of sending '-b' arguments,
> i.e., -b 1,2,3,4 or -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -b 3, work for earlier version, 1.1.8.

Hi,

Are you sure the -b stuff is working in 1.1.8?  It might just be ignoring it and
copying all bands.

> On aother note, are there any significant changes for versions later than 1.1.8.
> In another email, I reported that our program using gdal api crashes for both
> version 1.1.9 and 1.2.1, while it works perfectly for version 1.1.8.

Well, there have been lots of changes - significant and otherwise since 1.1.8.
I think you will need to debug your problem or provide something simple I can
use to reproduce your problem if you would like help with it.  I can't imagine
there is any fundamental reason you can't use 1.2.1.