[Gdal-dev] .img creation issues for files between 2 and 4 gig?

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Tue Jun 8 19:13:23 EDT 2004

All,

I'm using the GDAL (1.1.9) c++ api to create .img files from geotiffs
with the CreateCopy() method.  The output files are between 2 and 4 gig.
The files do not appear to be generating correctly.  I can open and view
the final product but it appears as if only some of the bands are being
written to the file.  The image looks good until about half way down,
then it turns a shade of yellow.  I've tried this with gdal directly and
with OSSIM (which uses gdal for .img creation) and the results are the
same.  Erdas Imagine kicks the following error when opening the
generated file...

Operands are not the same type: <empty> NotEqual <string>

Has anyone experienced this behavior before?

P.S.

I can, read .img files of all sizes correctly, and I can write .img
files correctly below 2 gig.  Only between 2 and 4 gig gives me this
behavior.

Martin Chapman
Cell 303-885-1936
Office 303-660-3933 x226