[Gdal-dev] Resampling with gdalwarp

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Sat Mar 20 21:14:54 EST 2004

Hi Andrey,

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:23:52 +0300, Andrey Kiselev <dron at ak4719.spb.edu> wrote:

>I have attached several images to clarify a bit GDAL interpolation
>methods. Cubic B-spline in fact implements approximation, it has
>advantages over other methods on high upsampling rates.

I really would like to tell you it clarified but I can't :)

I guess I see things more in a practical way than analytically or in theory. For example, are some
methods better suited for some reprojections and/or resampling? And what about elevation data? For
example, the DEMs I have are in geographic projection and I need to reproject them to the
appropriate UTM zone to match the Landsat imagery of the same region. Since Landsat resolution is
30m, is it necessary to specify "-tr 30 30" or let gdalwarp figure that out?

It's the kind of questions I have :)

Thanks.
--
Mario B.