[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp GDAL_DATA environment variable

Colin Gowens colin.gowens at co.fulton.ga.us
Wed Mar 31 13:51:12 EST 2004

Hello List,

I am trying to use gdalwarp with windows xp.  My command is: gdalwarp
-t_srs EPSG:26967 test.tif warp.tif
The error message is

                  Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv
                  Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the
                  directory containing EPSG csv files.
                  ERROR 1: translating source or target SRS failed
		  EPSG 26967

Based on previous posts, I edited setfw.bat as follows but the same error is posted. If I give the full call for t_srs (e.g., "+proj=tmerc ..."), then everything seems to work ok.

On another note, the -n flag in gdal_merge.py gives error that is unable to find numeric but gdalnumeric.py is in the pymod directory.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.
Colin

@echo off
REM In theory, the only thing that should need to be set by hand
REM is the value of OPENEV_FW_DIR right here:

set OPENEV_FW_DIR=C:\openev_fw

REM -------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM The rest should work without interference.

REM The OPENEV_FW_OVERRIDE environment variable allows you to set a the
REM install directory in your environment, instead of having to edit
REM setfw.bat.  This is especially useful if you frequently upgrade to new
REM versions, and don't want to have to edit the file every time.

IF exist %OPENEV_FW_OVERRIDE%\setfw.bat SET OPENEV_FW_DIR=%OPENEV_FW_OVERRIDE%

IF exist %OPENEV_FW_DIR%\setfw.bat goto skip_err

echo OPENEV_FW_DIR not set properly in setfw.bat, please fix and rerun.
goto ALL_DONE

:SKIP_ERR

PATH=%OPENEV_FW_DIR%\bin;%OPENEV_FW_DIR%\python;%PATH%
set PYTHONPATH=%OPENEV_FW_DIR%\pymod;%OPENEV_FW_DIR%\numpy
set PROJ_LIB=%OPENEV_FW_DIR%\proj_lib
set GEOTIFF_CSV=%OPENEV_FW_DIR%\data
set GDAL_DATA=%OPENEV_FW_DIR%\data

:ALL_DONE