[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr-problems with lco="OVERWRITE=YES"

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Thu May 6 10:55:12 EDT 2004

Dear developers,

while testing the new parameters for the GRASS-Module v.out.ogr I
stumbled over a problem, which I can reproduce with ogr2ogr as well.
When trying to overwrite an existing dataset in PostGIS the follwing
error occurs:

GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG:dbname=postgis gruen.shp
gruen -lco "OVERWRITE=YES" ERROR 1: CREATE TABLE "gruen" ( OGC_FID
SERIAL ) ERROR:  Relation gruen_ogc_fid_seq already exists

ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer gruen

The Layer is existent in PostGIS. What I did was extracting it in GRASS
(v.in.ogr), modifying it with v.digit, and trying to put it back to
PostGIS.
Both methods with v.out.ogr and ogr2ogr fail.

Perhaps someone knows whats going wrong.

Kind regards

	Stephan Holl

--
Stephan Holl