[Gdal-dev] Fusion tool update

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Thu May 6 19:30:31 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have made some improvements to the Fusion tool. It is now possible to select an area to fuse using
the ROI tool. Also the images don't have to be the same size, or even have the same resolution. The
RGB image will be resampled to match the pan image resolution. However, this resampling is done
using NN and this does not give good results when using color correction. It is not as noticeable
with "regular" fusion.

I hope there will be a way to specify the resampling algorithm of VRT datasets in Python in the
future... any plans to implement that?

This version has not been extensively tested. It works well with my collection of Landsat images
from Geogratis and the GLCF but it's possible there may be problems with images from other sources.

Any feedback would be appreciated, good or bad :)

Thanks for you attention.
--
Mario B.
My Landsat images: