[Gdal-dev] Problems Linking with Stubs in the precompiled downloadable Win32 Binaries.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon May 10 16:08:33 EDT 2004

Fam. Pool wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to the GDAL world and sofar its gone quite smoothly - but
> today I tried using OGR Style Tools and now I'm getting unresolved symbol
> errors when linking the libs. Its just looks as tho something was left out
> of the precompiled binaries. I'm going to try building the GDAL package from
> scratch and see if the stubs the scripts generate solve the problem. Still,
> I like doing things the easy way. If someone could verify the integrity of
> the pre-compiled Win32 binaries that would be swell.

Louis,

There are indeed some issues with linking against the DLL version of OGR
and using some of the style related classes.  I am a bit uncertain what
the exact problem is, but if you can list your link errors, and provide
a smallish example program that demonstrates the problem I will try and fix
it.  I have run into a similar problem with MapServer but never succeeded in
resolve it.

Note, the problem can be worked around by linking against static versions of
OGR but if possible i would prefer to just fix the base problem.