[Gdal-dev] NLAPS Data Format

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Wed May 12 17:35:30 EDT 2004

From: "Frank Warmerdam" <warmerdam at pobox.com>

> Maciek,
>
> I have implemented NLAPS before (in a previous life before GDAL), and it
> isn't a particularly difficult format.  But I have also had relatively
> little interest in it.  I would suggest you file an enhancement request
> for it in bugzilla with pointers to format documentation and sample
> datasets if possible.

Frank,

The format seems to be quite popular and useful in my opinion.
Half of the free of charge TM/MSS data available from
ftp://ftp.glcf.umiacs.umd.edu/ is NLAPS (at least in case of Poland which
I'm intersted in) but I cannot really use it due to the lack of any NLAPS
support in the software I know.

I would do as you suggest I don't have a clue how to proceed. Actualy I
don't even know but what the bugzilla exactly is. So far I have only heard
the name, that's it. Yes, I'm ashamed. Could somebody guide me please?

Maciek